Yeah Bob, you don't need stands unless your super has a 'no holes' policy or something. But we're talking a few screw holes that can easily be spackled up if/when you move. If your super is pretty laid back about things then drilling a small hole right behind the wire posts on the back of the QS4/8's and running the wire down the inside of the wall and out a hole in the bottom (either in the floor board, or right above it) makes for a super clean look.... so clean, almost no wife could ever complain. \:\)

As for the M60's vs M22's + sub + stands... if most of your tv watching is actual tv and not a lot of movies, I would say M60's would be a very good solution for you. Easy to move around, practically full range, and very sexy to boot! If movies make up 25% of your intended usage or more, and you really enjoy the sound effects of blockbusters like 'Batman : Dark Knight', 'Ironman', and the like, then that's where a nice subwoofer really makes your system shine.

But for straight tv, or if you're more mellow when it comes to movie watching, then I'd say a pair of M60's is all you'll ever need my friend.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD