Originally Posted By: SRoode
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Was this "guy," a salesman, by chance?

Maybe he just sells VERY inefficient speakers... And big amps to make up for them of course.

Actually, funny as this may sound, this information came from a sales rep I talked to for a company selling mono blocks I was looking at buying. They were rated at 250 watts into 8 ohms, so I called to ask if they were 4 ohm stable, and if so if the power rating went up to 500 watts... and if so would they hurt my speakers?

When I told him I had Axiom M80's he told me that I needed a more powerful amp... and I know your next question, how much was the amp he tried to sell me, right? Nope, if fact he didn't have an amp rated at 1000 watts. So to sum everything up, I called an guy selling amps, asked him questions about his amps, gave him the information about my speakers, and he told me his amps were not up to the task and that I should look elsewhere to find something more powerful to really get the most out of my speakers.

Strange? I thought so, hence the questions I posted up about it. Oh and thanks Chris, my knowledge is getting better and better in this area thanks to guys like you. Much appreciation!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD