Yesterday afternoon, Lampshade, a/k/a, Chris, came over to my house to audition my M60's. Turns out he lives 2.5 miles away.

He is first of all, an extremely bright and savvy man. If a woman doesn't at least ask, without feigned interest, about his audio gear, she will never see the inside of his house again.
You go, guy!

He appears to be much younger than his actual age. He told me it's because he's never been married. Point deux. And he has a really nice car with no Cheerios on the carpet at all. Trois!

When he walked into the house, he could see, out in the middle of a floor, 3 rooms away, the ass-end of an M60. He was instanly pleased to know my priorities (and just how much I manage to get away with, domestically speaking!)

He brought his Stingray. Wow---1963, split rear window, 396, Hurst, Hollies, original gold... Naw, just kidding.

He brought his Manley Stingray. And like I told you, if women don't at least comment on his Manley Stingray, no dessert. It's also the first time I have ever allowed a parallelogram into my listening room.

We listened to to Wynton Marsalis, Floyd's "Final Cut" and Mr. Waters, alone.

We listened first through my Oink 906, then all the same tracks again with the Manley. Reminded me of my 1960's era, used HK tubie with the two 19lb. transformers. Only crisper, cleaner and, well, better everything. For most of my current listening, a tube amps' subtleties would be wasted, though it was wonderful when I used to consume a lot of jazz.

If I were listenting to what Chris does, I would make the same choice. Great little parallelogram for sure.

I'll let him give you his take on the M60's. Chris?.....

Last edited by BobKay; 05/16/10 01:56 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.