Originally Posted By: grunt
A few years ago it’s my understanding that some low end receivers particularly Onkyos had a reputation for shutting down with the M80s but I don’t think that has been a problem for some time. I myself was still afraid of this which is why I put my 3007 through that stress test to see what it could handle.

I think most people do great with Emo amps even those who have M80s. As with most things on the internet things get blown out of proportion because complainers always outweigh those who praise. It’s just something you should be aware of so you can consider it and maybe even ask Emo if they can mod your amp.

I would actually be more worried about driving a Denon receiver hard with the M80s since they don’t in my experience shut down as easily making it easier to damage your speakers.

Cheer,
Dean

Dean, I have heard of a review (by Ninja)...would love the make that name smaller here. I'd like to know where the discussion is in the Axiom thread.

Wish you were near Richmond. I am antsie about hearing the M80s. JC is trying to arrange an audition in Tampa where I will be next week. I have been encouraged to listen to the M60s as well.

Thanks,
Rob