I think if i were you. i would get an AV rack, single. for the area next to the kitchen to fill in that space a little bit.

this is the brand i personally like, Awesome build quality. and not crazy expensive.. you and the wife could sit down and customize one to the way both of you though was acceptable.

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn/singles.jsp

i think for the stands, either wall mount like cat said... or i would say get some steel ones custom made. use 1/4" steel and then use 1 1/4" in or so steel rod to connect the base to the stand. If you google welders, im sure you can find someone that can weld some up for you relatively cheep, or you could go to harbor freight, and get a MIG welder for like 100$ ect and do it your self, then you would have a welding machine for any other projects.. i kind of waiting for an excuse to buy a welding machine, this would make a perfect excuse for me. then you just need a saw, which can be had at harbor freight also for pretty cheep.

I like this idea, because you can make what you want, and not be restricted by the design of someone else. I also like DIY projects.... and with 1/4' steel, your stands will be WAY stronger/heavier than ANYTHING you buy.....

I built some shelves for the speakers in my room, just got some metal L braces, and a blowtorch, and changed the angle from 90- 60, so they are pointing down towards me, i was limited to 60 as one of them is right above my door, and the end of the shelf is a few mm from the top of the door.

if you want i can take a few pic for you. i think that my shelfs cost me a total of 20$ and they can hold about 100lb each, and they are 12X12ish

anyhow there's my .02$

Last edited by dakkon; 07/06/10 12:44 AM.