Ah, and since the box for the FP isn't right up against the cement block exterior, I can fit the in/on combos. That's the upside to having the fireplace there. The rest of the walls are 2x2 stud and not deep enough. That'd definitely be the best if I'm forced to put the center up top. I wonder if I could build a near-invisible bracket to hang an on wall VP150 from the bottom of the lip of the mantel. That'd put the tweeter at roughly 43" from the ground and in line with the speakers. Might look kind of goofy though. Maybe there's a way to cut out the curving piece and replace it with a rectangular one with an in-wall with a white grille built right into it. That'd be a fun little install. (That'd have to be a 100 though, it seems.)

The upstairs neighbors are renting and move out in 3 weeks. I don't know who the new ones will be but I suspect I met them when they looked at the place, since I haven't seen/heard any new traffic lately for showings. The girls upstairs now told me they haven't heard a peep from the in-ceiling speakers I put in the living room (under their living room) and I've played them at a decent volume at times when I know they're home. There's that green blown in fiber insulation up between our floors, and I guess it's doing a decent job. I can hear EVERYTHING between my own two floors without any insulation. At night when in bed downstairs I can hear the cats trotting around up here, and the dogs sound like elephants. Insulation blocking a 6.5" ceiling speaker and insulation dealing with sub vibration are two different issues though.

I am a night owl, but I can be considerate about volume and bass at night. I do still want it to be powerful enough for mid-day listening.

That said, it doesn't have to be overkill, since ultimately I will have a reference listening room downstairs. That's where I really want to spend my money. So if I can get away with a set of M22s with a custom finish and save a grand, that's another thousand I can spend downstairs... and heck, at this point I'm starting to think the M80s might be all I need for down there too, based on that one guy who got new ones last week that compare to a $50k system. I'm very eager to head south to hear Wid's M80s now.

The space is 14x14 but it's open to the kitchen on the left side. And the kitchen is semi open to the front half too. There's also that little space behind the couch in the dog photo. 110" ceilings. So while it's a nice 8 or 9 foot listening triangle there is a bunch more space to account for with the sub.

Is it worse to put a sub near glass than near drywall? Cause the best spot for it would actually be in front of the inactive one of the two glass double doors. It'd be out of the way, out of a corner, and could double as an attractive wood plant stand. But glass... could be an issue.