Hi pheare,

I'd echo JohnK's suggestion of moving the crossover for the M22s up to 80 Hz (why push those modest 5.25-inch drivers hard at 50 Hz when the sub can cover that range with ease. . ).

As might be expected, I'd prefer you disengage the Audyssey EQ (it may help in the bass region) and see how things sound without Audyssey (and with it).

As to the elusive "punch" many listeners seek, after years of auditioning large and small speakers and subwoofers (as well as tons of live concerts), I've concluded there is a large audience who prefers the upper-bass (50 Hz to 120 Hz) emphasis (typically a boost of 3 to 6 dB over that range) often heard in clubs and concerts over truly smooth linear bass. It's also why some listeners like the one-note "disco bass" that issues from plenty of small cheap subwoofers. (Of course one can argue that if that disco bass represents what we actually hear in clubs, then an emphasized upper-bass hump is the more accurate one for that kind of pop/rock music.)

By the way, the Mirage subs of old are decent but in my experience (I have an old one in my storage room) they don't go as low as the Axiom EP350, EP500, 600 or 800.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)