I would also agree that a 50HZ crossover on a pair of M22s just makes no sense at all. For an HT application in particular, back a few years ago, even with subs, I noticed at the mid-bass level Alan talks about, the M22s, used in a L/R configuration and a crossover of 80HZ, still strained a bit at high volumes so I chose to go the M60(later M80) route that pretty much eliminated that problem. Even with a crossover setting in the 60-80HZ range, the floor standers just seem to handle the low-mid bass with considerably more ease.

As far as a music is concerned, with any band or orchestra an electric bass in the mix(unless the player is messing with tunings) "bottoms out" at around 60HZ so that mid bass region is almost always going to predominate anyway.

Unless it is movies with effects and digital bass or pipe organ music, one will never hear bass much below the levels that I describe above, so a 80HZ setting for music, especially for smaller speakers, is much more practical, no matter what Audyssey measures in the set-up.