Originally Posted By: kcarlile
And yes, I do see that word as equivalent to the n-word, and I would be shocked (and appalled) if I heard that on the radio in a song by a white person.

Ken, my friend; I wholeheartedly agree, and that's exactly what I was getting at when I said-

Originally Posted By: wheelz999

I will say that the thought that the word nigger (used by a black person) is somehow analogous with the word faggot (used by a heterosexual person), is wrong. The former was the intended target of the word they're using, but the latter is someone of a different sexual orientation.

If a white person uses the n-word in music, or whenever, I'm shocked, appalled and disgusted, as I believe it's wrong (freedom of speech prevails though). But, if a black person wanted to use the word, it's perfectly acceptable, although I do find it deleterious.

Basically, what I was getting at, is if a homosexual wants to use the word faggot, or a black person wants to use the n-word, it's fine. But, if a heterosexual person, or a white person wanted to do the same, it's appalling because the derogatory term wasn't originally intended for them, and in these examples, it was created by them.

I hope I'm making some sense smile .

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.