I like the Beatles later stuff, Srgnt Pepper, Get Back, Let It Be. Earlier stuff, Hold Your Hand, Love Me Do, She Loves You, arrrrrrggggg is too perky for me. I think they’re song writing was very good, but none of them had exceptional voices. But they did influence many artists, no one can deny that!

I also never understood the Rolling Stones hype. Jagger really can’t sing very well and Richards, well… My wife, a history major, tells me the Stones became the Stones because of the Vietnam War. No war, no Stones being the gr rock band of all time. I kind of understand what she is saying, but to be honest, I haven’t put all the pieces of that puzzle together in my head yet.

There was some great music of he sixties and early 70’s, but I don’t usually rush to my stereo or Ipod to listen and sing along with either of these bands. CCR, and Cream, come to mind as do Hendrix and The Who with less bubble gummy type music I enjoy.

I like music that has some more complex structure to it. Rush, Yes, Triumph, Pink Floyd, are usually always in my song lists.

I loved the 80’s hair bands, in the 80’s, (when I was a silly teenager) not so much now, most if it seems very one dimensional now. Priest and Maiden I think were the stand outs.
I wasn’t a big fan of Grunge in the early 90’s.

And today’s music, well, for the most part, I just don’t get it at all. I know, I sound like my dad and grandfather.

paul

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990