I will write to Monoprice about this, but wanted to solicit opinions here as well.

I have a bit of an unusual situation. I work in video production and need to tilt a 32" LCD (on a shelf above me) downwards approximately 30 degrees. It seems as though all of the mounts I'm seeing at Monoprice max out at a 15 degree tilt.

My plan is to build a wood panel, offset 15 degrees forward from vertical, to attach a mount to. Between the 15 degrees of the mounting surface and the 15 degrees tilt of the mount, I can achieve the needed 30 degrees of total tilt.

Here's a graphic of what I have in mind:

I'm confident that the construction and bracing of the mount will be more than sufficient, and that I can securely attach the whole contraption to the shelf, which is also incredibly strong (AnthroCart). My point of concern is highlighted on the graphic..... simply where the TV attaches to the mount, and whether the additional added angle could cause an issue.

The LCD panel that I'm planning on using is 23lbs and has a 200mm X 200mm VESA pattern. I was thinking that a mount such as the Monoprice 4117 would work. It's rated for 165lbs, so I believe that holding the panel slightly more "outward" for the additional tilt won't be a problem, but I thought it best to check with some of the experts here that have experience in mounting LCD or Plasma panels.

Here's a shot with an arrow to the LCD as it currently is. I hardly use the LCD for anything, because I need to stand up to see it at the proper angle! smile

Any thoughts?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::