The design was done by Mario Panelli. From what I understand, it was only his second theater and he's working on getting into the business. He put a tremendous amount of work into the theater and went above and beyond what has first discussed, without increasing the cost of the contract. He is a perfectionist and it showed. He would build stuff, find it didn't work, and would rework it at his cost. He's an amazing guy and I wish him the best in his future work.

The cost was less than you might think and is probably attainable for many of you if you wanted something like this. He saved a lot of money by avoiding the super high end electronic and speakers. I went for a bang for the buck approach. The audio/video system was only about 10K but sounds fantastic. I'm just ironing out this one minor issue. I may have made the dialog issue sound worse than it really is. Watching a movie in there is really quite amazing.

I'm still waiting on the word on whether the drivers work. I haven't visited him for some time since he is 150 miles away.

Here's Mario's information (there's a few mistakes in the writeup)

http://www.hometheaterdesignmag.com/content/personalized-theaters

Last edited by autoboy; 03/30/11 01:05 AM.