Hey, to be honest, I remember a real difference when I went from NAD separates to a Technics receiver, but I didn't A/B them under any sort of controlled situation.

So, I don't know where I stand on the amp issue. I'd like to buy a more powerful amp, but I'm not sure it'll make any difference. So my problem isn't whether you believe different amps sound differently. Some day I'll have some spare change to buy an amp and I'll see for myself.

My problem here is that 2x6 makes blanket statements about the top posters here shouting down differing opinions, and I don't see evidence of that. I think this place is VERY open in comparison to other forums. Matter of fact, the other day I remember one of those top posters telling some others to be nice to someone with which they disagreed.

2X6 just brings out this "everyone gangs up on me and shouts down differing opinions" argument because he simply can't see that some people feel differently than he does, and that it doesn't mean there's some sort of plot.

He posts his opinion, JohnK and some others post a differing opinion.

The difference is, the others do it maturely while 2x6 starts starts ranting and raving.

I don't want to feed the troll, but it just gets really fu*king old to hear this over and over. It's been going on for years and years. At that point, a person doesn't come here to join in the camaraderie or to be social or even to be helpful, they come here looking for an opportunity to try to bitch slap someone and start an argument.

He doesn't like it? Leave. No one makes anyone stay here.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::