Quote:
But, this contradicts the scriptures as "The word of God". It either is, or it isn't. If it isn't, then the whole thing is garbage.

You don't have to paint yourself into a corner like that.

Quote:
I remember reading how recent DNA studies from samples taken around the globe have concluded that the human race can be traced back to a single person.

I believe you're referring to Mitochondrial Eve. Yes, even scientists use bible references. smile I urge you to read the wikipedia article I linked, particularly the Common fallacies and Implications of dating and placement of Eve sections.

Mitochondria exist in in most of our cells have their own DNA that is unique from our own. This, in and of itself, is an indication that mitochondria, or at least the organisms they evolved from, used to be independent organisms, meaning they didn't used to be part of human bodies or the bodies of our ancestors. Another indication is that mitochondria closely resemble prokaryotes -- single-celled organisms that lack a cell nucleus. In any case, at some point in the past, our destinies combined and mitochondria are now a part of all of us.

Using techniques from the scientific field of human genetics, scientists have concluded that all human beings can most likely trace their ancestry back to a single female who lived in East Africa roughly 200,000 years ago.

Note, also, that a male equivalent of Mitochondrial Eve exists, as well. This most-recent-common partrilineal ancestor is referred to as Y-chromosomal Adam. He probably lived 90,000 to 60,000 years ago, also in Africa.