Hi Alan...I'm not sure what you mean by "bi-wiring gold links." I have checked all the individual speakers by ear and they are all working. I do hear an improvement when turning up the treble control. But then the violins become harsh. I am sitting equidistant from the speakers...about 12 feet from them and they are toed in at about 20 degrees. One other possibility may be that I hear better with my left ear than with my right and I occasionally I have to adjust the balance to favor the right to compensate...but it is a very small margin of difference. Having been a percussionist most of my life I may have some hearing loss in the high range (I really enjoy playing cymbals). I would consider this serious had I not heard all the highs I wanted with my other Speakerlab speakers...but maybe they added some coloration that the M80's do not. Another issue may be that my old Denon only puts out 55 watts although I am unsure what wattage is operational with 4 Ohm speakers. I know John K would say no. Others may say yes, What say ye Alan? Would the addition of a super tweeter help?