Well I am amazed...I'm currently listening to Dvorak's 7th Symphony (Vienna Phil/Myung-Whun Chung on DG) and it sounds marvelous. Yesterday I tested the new set up with a SACD recording of Capriccio Espagnol & Russian Easter Overture with Dorati/London Sym on Mercury. These pieces have lots of percussion (Rimsky-Korsakov was a master in his use of orchestration and he is a master in scoring percussion effectively). This recording made in the 50's sounds like it was recorded yesterday and is the most exciting and sparkling recording of these pieces I have yet to hear. The Axioms really shine however the tweeters in the right speaker seemed to break up at a certain point in the overture and then recover. I am unsure of the cause. I checked the wiring and tightened them down and have not heard any break up or any kind of distortion in the same passage since. Could this have been caused by my old 55 watt Denon? All other drivers were working even when the tweeters sounded like they shorted out briefly. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Captain4105; 05/17/11 08:04 AM.