In reply to:

This isn't another planar-bashing message

Don't get me wrong I did not think this thread was about that. I just had my thoughts on the subject and said my views.

In reply to:

And Saturn, you have to know that coming into a forum full of owners of traditional speakers that you'll be odd-man out, not everyone that doesn't own a pair of M-Ls or Maggies is secretly waiting for the day they can buy a pair. It's like me walking into a room full of Canadian Alliance members and saying "so... how about that health care?"

I don't think I am the odd one out. I do own QS8 and a VP150 and by far I have tested tonnes...over the last 5 years and I still came back to the Axioms. And cost was not much an issue as long as surrounds or the center channel was less than $1500 each. I actually prefered the VP150 over the Maggies center. The VP150 had more punch. I also used to own M22Ti and also M3Ti (for many months) so I do know the Axiom sound and charateristic.

And I have owned or had for many weeks in my living room numerous box speakers..in the ballpark of 12 models in the last 14 years...from different B&W models,different Proac models, Heybrook, Monitor Audio, Acoustic Research, different PMC models...etc
Do I believe that planer/electrostat speakers are the end of all speaker?...definitely not. But I am as passionate about my current planer speakers as you guys are with your Axioms.

People go on here to gather information. I see lots of "I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T BUY INTO THIS MANY YEARS AGO..."
There is lots of those type of information.
I like looking for "Well I have moved on and tried this other brand out and the reason I why I moved on is because of ..... "
This gives you a balance to see whats on the other side of the picture so that when time comes to lay down that hard earned cash you definitely know what your getting into without surprises.

Saturn