In reply to:

I strayed away from the board because anyone who seemingly had an opinion that was not dead on Axiom was villified

That's interesting BB b/c i've posted a couple of times on the forums now about auditioning other speakers and certainly Axioms have not always come out on top...if there is such a thing as being on the top. I do not recall anyone bashing my opinions presented.
There is never much of an argument that Axioms are fantastic for the price but many yearn for the bells and whistles like wood veneers or 100lb weighted beasts, 46" towers, etc.
You just cannot find that at Axiom. They don't make them.
However, coming to a forum hosted by a company should provide the expectation of bias on speaker opinions, especially when a newbie posts for the first time, learning material for the first time.
There is no doubt that many 'veterans' new to the boards have posted their ideas on speakers they own/have owned in the past. I certainly do not feel the Axiom forum provides a regular, negative response to such posts.
Maybe Saturn just attracts too much attention eliciting feverish jealousy over his constant sales and acquisitions of new and wonderful equipment.

Stir the pot Saturn, keep stirrrrring the pot (jus kiddin)
If i recall correctly, wasn't it Peter who was pot stirring not long ago?

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."