Well, you folks were just the incentive I needed. I picked up the Ridgid R4512 last night. The two Home Depot guys who helped me get it out to the truck both owned that model and gave it great praise and some tips on assembly.

One thing for sure, this beast is HEAVY. 287 pounds. When I got home my neighbor was not around to help me get it out of the truck so I simply opened the box on the truck and took out the pieces individually. Still, even the main saw casing containing the motor and the center section of the cast iron top was tricky on it's own so I decided to play it safe and when I got down to that piece, I pumped up my floor jack as high as it would go and slid the box onto that and used it to ease it down to the ground. It was liftable without it but I was afraid I'd get clumsy end up damaging it before I even got it together. Tools are what separate us from 'most' animals right?

Can't wait to get it together but it looks like it might take a good while.

Mark,
The floor display model had the zero mark on the measuring tape labeling on the fence rail about 8" right of the blade. I never saw one so far to the right before. I forgot to check my rails when pulling things out of the box but is yours like that?

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.