Originally Posted By: CatBrat
But, shouldn't I buy the OPPO-93 since I'm getting a 3D Tv?

So far, the only advantage I can see for the OPPO over the Panasonic is the ability to play SACDs.

I just played Moneyball using the Panasonic 310 player, and the picture quality was very good.

Aside from the product itself, you can't beat Oppo's after market service. Even though they are more expensive, the shelf life of the Oppos will be considerably longer than any mainstream product. If you buy a new Panasonic, they are already thinking and have pre-production plans in place for the next generation model. Oppo continues to do firmware updates for anything to do with improved performance AND additional features along with handling any of the quirks that might occur with the playability of newly released BR discs. Oppo was still doing firmware updates even as of this week, on the more than two year old BDP83. As any mainstream player gets older, this especially, can be problematic.

I bought a BDP95(Oppos top line model) last May and in my opinion, there is nothing on the market that equals let alone betters it at any price. Incidentally, my two year old Panasonic is in the bedroom.

Last edited by casey01; 03/12/12 12:22 AM.