First, I must clear something up. Spiff, I have ties older than you are. You are not old enough to have lived ANYWHERE for a long time.

Now, on to business. drmurray (may I call you dr?), I frankly don't care which speakers you get. At this point, the important thing is that you simply keep posting on the board!!! With some practice, you will overcome your natural reticence to express your self.

While I maybe one of the few who noticed that your moniker ends in "ray", which I feel as almost always a good thing, I was able to identify a kindred spirit. Old guy, twisted perspective, easily spends too much money without understanding what is being bought (VERY nice move on the Denon link thing!), a bunch of Denon equipment and easily confused by technology and (not that hard) manuals. If you also have a persistent rash that is resistant to penicillin and Drano, I'd suggest that we submit to a DNA test - there could be a gene commonality. Now, if you ALSO drool regularly and have less than 3 teeth, I'm guessing you will be privileged to see Ajax clamor to become another new best friend!

On a more serious note, it's nice to see you jump in with both feet. Doing the in-house thing is special. (BTW, the good news is that the speakers don't use Denon link) I expect that when you are done, the Axioms will have another new owner. Let me also throw in a plug for a new SVS sub before spiff shows up with his misguided HSU comments. (both are great and each have terrific staffs)

If the speaker smackdown ends in a draw, keep in mind that the Axiom line includes the QS8s. They are the unsung stars in the lineup. OK.... they ARE sung about alot, but it should be louder.

Just thinking out loud. The 4802 is a nice unit. The 5803A is a nice HUGE ( 2 pounds from qualifying for it's own zip code) and expensive unit. The 3805 was just introduced and is now shipping (it has Denon link). Do you have a chance to trade that 4802 (or sell it outright) and catch the 3805 with your discount discount? Worth considering.

As you say, keep us posted and good luck with the speaker wrestling match.

Ray