In reply to:

If speakers never changed ... why do drivers go bad after many years of play.

Petre, this goes EXACTLY towards what Bigwill just pointed out.
If speakers breakin, why don't they continue to break down?
You just agreed that they do.
So, in reality then, speakers will ALWAYS have a constantly changing sound as the components break down over time, by your definition.
By that standard, every other year? month? the speakers should have a whole new character sound again.

This brings me to the second point. Within these forums we've had ppl come and say things like, "my Axiom M60s needed xx hours of breakin and then they sounded good".
Replace xx with 10, 25 and 100.
How is it that the SAME speaker design and drivers all require different breakin periods? They made with all the same components yet there is a MAGNITUDE difference in the reported 'breakin' times.
Why are ppl not coming up with all the same conclusions on breakin?
No physicist can explain such a phenonmena. A behavioural scientist can.

I've heard lots of 'professionals' state how electronics/speakers will have this component or that component and on the white papers, you can make the numbers look different. The question remains, is it audible to the human ear?
Well, to determine an answer, a bunch of ppl stand around a setup and listen, but the casual listening tests are biased due to the nature of the human mind, and information from such auditions are useless. Any objective and honest scientist would know this.
Double blind testing is the only method by which you can remove alot of that bias, but hey, i guess it is too much to ask for from all these "audiophiles" to determine truth. Heaven forbid it would crush so many myths that the magical audio world will collapse upon them.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."