Guys,

Appreciate all the interest. Today's update:

First of all, I have to come clean. I must admit that management has directed me to post here to make the rest of you guys look smarter. I wasn't supposed to admit this, but hey...isn't it obvious? You guys are no dummies. You can see through this...

Anyway...

Last night I achieved a major break through by actually hooking up a monitor via a Rube Goldberg type link thru a broken VCR using a coax in. Nobody told me you needed a monitor to set up these two Denon beasts! Geez...Here I am trying to figure out what the heck is going on and I can't see any of the menus.

Anyway, that was a big break through and now I have sound! That was quite an accomplishment. Luckily I had enough beer to last through the setup process. The monitor setup was huge because I found out that the default setting on the AVR is for multi-channel and all I want now is 2 channel. I am only focusing on the two speakers for 30 days and I will worry about subwoofers and projectors later.

A few questions for you guys:
1. Someone here brought up a great point- why not the M80's vs the 750's? I originally requested the M80's, but the Axiom salesman on the line suggested M60's. He said my reciever wasn't good enough for the M80's and too many flaws would be exposed in my electronics. So I ordered the M60's. On retrospect, this may not be a fair match.

Here's my setup:
I have a 850 sq foot open basement. I have a Denon 4802 AVR (which is next to their top of the line) and of course the Denon 5900 unniversal DVD player. The room will be a combo theater/ gameroom. I anticipate being able to watch a sporting event or listen to tunes while playing pool or foosball. I do have some issues with the placement of my speakers which I will discuss later. I am guessing about a 50/50% of music to movies, with a possible edge toward music.

What do you think of the M60's vs. the M80's for my sitaution?

2. Do the M60's need to be raised?
3. Is there a breakin period?
4. Does anybody on this thread have a 5900 DVD player? I have some questions specific to that.

All for now. Thanks for your interest.

-Drmurray