Originally Posted By: Socketman
Where does everyone stand on this one. Seems of late , to be a real push by a few select people to convince the populus that this is indeed the gospel.Again and again richard clark's name surfaces in these arguments. I wouldn't really care but these pundits will jump on almost any thread with the word amp in it.

Some people believe in santa, i dont but hey i still celebrate christmas. I happen to beleive not all amps are created equal and i own an external. Recievers are built to a price point,corners have to be cut somewhere.

It's impossible for all amps to "sound the same" or every amp sounding identical. Amps are very complex and they can be different from one another. No two amps will measure the same (amp design goes beyond power rates and providing a flat frequency response). Amps are not as simple as other components or easy to quantify in the chain than things like speaker wire/interconnects which just work off a few basic electric principles.

I think we can all agree that speakers are at the top of the chain when it comes to components that can make the most difference.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne