I should simply "move along," but your post has inspired me.

If all you find here, or all you think we find here, is naked women and beer, then you have totally missed out. Since I don't believe you are that obtuse, I will assume that implication, along with "Your stuff isn't good enough for you to have a worthwhile opinion," "We're cool. You're not." "We're all on the same page," none of which I believe has been asserted or is true, was an attempt at hyperbole.

But, even if those assertions or implications have been made, all you need do is respectfully and courteously disagree.

AH, that brings me to the "must ignore anyone who disagrees" thing. I am so amazed by this phenomenon which I find exists on forums all over the internet. When things get testy during a discussion, invariably someone accuses another/others of picking on him/her simply because they disagree. In most case, it is not the disagreeing that causes a problem, it is the obnoxious, offensive, insulting method of expressing the disagreement that lights the fire. Stunningly, folks never seem willing to examine their own behavior to see if maybe, just maybe, it might be part, or or even all, of the catalyst. I suspect any desire, on the part of other forum members, to ignore you has more to do with behavior deemed offensive than with disagreement.

Yes, I know. It takes two to tango. I've said before that I feel you've been mistreated on this forum. Well, you've dished out your share of abuse and this could easily descend into "well you said it first." Regardless, I fear you've reached the point where your only interest in being here is to push our buttons, and being the intelligent and perspicacious person you are, you are very good at it.

I did have a good laugh at the "We're lonely. Where'd everyone go" thing. I get you point and it has merit. However, exceptional support of a company and its products, on a company operated forum, is nothing unusual. Behave as you, and others, have behaved here, on any company run forum, and the results would be the same. Try walking into a biker bar and saying "motorcycles suck." You have every right to do so as long as you are willing to bear the consequences of your actions.

However, there are still a lot of forum participants here and new ones join all the time. I don't feel the least bit lonely or wonder where everyone has gone. We old regulars are still here because we have found some friends and, for the most part, enjoy the courteous, respectful exchange of ideas even with those with whom we disagree. Why are you here?

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton