JohnK,

Yes, the DB940 does have an equalization provision...the concern is that the EQ circuit was not in effect when I noticed this anomaly. I have attempted to use it to tame some of these peaks but the method in which Sony designed the EQ on this receiver gives the impression that whatever setting you set the last band to (regardless of the order) is the setting that ALL bands are now set to (unless they are currently set to 0)...for example: I set 111 Hz to -10 to tame that peak and then go to 125 to attempt to tame that one...changing 125 to -8 and then going back to 111 finds 111 at -8 not -10 as it was set before...and there is no way to look at all the bands simultaneously even on the OSD...only one band at a time and subsequently you have to contend with the issue above...so it makes it hard to try to tame it as it seems that only one band is getting the modification needed...I know I would have designed it differently...

That said, I now DO have the EQ enabled and it does sound somewhat better...I only wish I could tame more frequencies to try to make the 150 sound more like the M60's...I believe I am dealing with a receiver issue, not a speaker issue.

Anyone care to try it with a similar speaker setup with a different receiver using the AVIA disk's Pink Noise comparison of Left Front to Center under the Evaluation and Verification menu on AVIA? I'd definitely be interested in your findings...

Any other ideas are more than encouraged...Tried (in vain) to persuade the wife that we need a new receiver...so far, no go...

Keep 'em coming...

Thanks,

WhatFurrer

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."