The VP150 is a different speaker than the floorstanders - lacking ports, the 6.5" woofers, and designed to lay flat on its side. Not unexpectedly, it seems to my ears to have a little warmer, chesty sound (not dissimilar to my Monitor Audio Bronze 2s) than the M60s or M3s. In my experience this difference is noticable w/ pink noise, but not at all w/ movies or concert DVDs (I listen to music in 2 channel only).

I suppose you could get a better timbre match using a couple of M2s in lieu of a single VP150, but for anyone with a wife that probably isn't an option.

If they redesigned the center w/ tweeters over mids the thing is going to be a foot tall, two feet wide, ugly as sin and difficult to place in some HTs. Again, not an option for the wife impaired. Might be nice to have as an option for some folks, however.

The off-axis "suck out" that Tony keeps mentioning is a non-factor to me, and probably to most others as well, since we tend to watch our movies from somewhere IN FRONT of the screen.