Alan,

Thank you for your comments.

In defense of my original post, my original rationalization with using an admittedly inferior mic and a less than professional RTA program was to prove to myself that I was in fact hearing some sort of anomaly. I would not begin to delude myself that I know more about the design of these speakers than yourself or Joe. In a response to an email to Joe there at Axiom, I included this information:

I performed another experiment this morning. I switched the speaker connections on the receiver between the center and the right front (making the left front and right front speakers identical). I then ran that tone set again from AVIA conparing left front and center and the right front exhibited the same issue as the center does when the center was connected to the center's speaker connections. The standard level tone set used to set all five speakers also exhibits the "in a hole" effect...Upon switching the connections (connected to the right front output), the center sounded more like it was supposed to (at least what I was expecting...more treble response) than when connected to its correct set of speaker posts.

As the VP150 did correctly reproduce the signal supplied when it was connected to another speaker output, I concede the fact that I am probably looking at a receiver problem and not an issue with the speaker or speakers. I was just concerned when the sound generated between the front and the center was not more alike especially taking into consideration that the folks at Ovation Software who make AVIA would probably use the exact same pink noise signal between the front and center for that test.

I apologize if I ruffled any feathers the wrong way...that was not my intent...just looking for answers.

With Regrets,

WhatFurrer

Last edited by WhatFurrer; 03/31/04 03:50 PM.

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."