I tried different positioning, in fact moving it on a stand in front of my cabinet. The basic sonic "signature" remained the same, and was nowhere near timbre matched with the M2, at least to these 50 year old ears. I was absolutely convinced I had a defective unit, but Ian said it checked out fine. The implication was that I was being influenced by my measurements (I noticed a fairly severe drop-off off-axis using pink noise) and that nothing Ian or anyone else could say was going to change my mind. I actually didn't start measuring until I noticed with my ears the timbre and off-axis issues. Finally, I was directed to several articles about pink noise that purported to show that it was not a good test for timbre (not sure why Lexicon would include it in their $9,000 processor, but what the hey) and that any speaker would show this timbre issue with pink noise. I can only repeat: not in my rather extensive "listening" experience. Out at 10 feet, drivers should blend pretty well, and if I'm hearing individual woofers and tweeters at that distance something is definitely wrong somewhere. That's the effect I heard moving off axis with the VP150. Again, I'm glad all you guys enjoy it. It just didn't work for me, and I have a very nice theater room in which many different types of speakers have worked.