I may take heat for this but it needs to be said....

So I came across an article saying that George Lucas sold the rights to his original Star Wars screenplay to Marvel and that they were doing it up in a comic series. I figured, "That should be interesting."

I don't think I have ever brought myself down to the level of using this acronym before but OMFG!!!!
It was soooooo terrible!!!! I'm only two books in and it is, by a very far stretch, the worst thing I have ever read in my life and in any possible media.

The story line is very different. That's OK. Characters with recognizable names are no where near who they are in the film (Luke is an established general with a beard.) That's OK. All the differences in itself are OK. Original drafts are often very different than the resulting movie. I was expecting that.

However, the story is so fragmented, so NOT interesting, there is no character development PERIOD, no plot development, stuff just happens out of the blue, It's just so SO BAD!

When The Phantom Menace came out, I wondered if George Lucas lost it. His storytelling ability, anyways. When Attack of the Clones came out, I actually hoped he would sell the rights to the third movie.

Now, I don't think he lost it. I think maybe ' he never had it'. It makes me very suspicious that when he brought the screenplay to the Universal Studios, it went something like this. "We can definitely make a movie out of Light Sabers, what a great idea. However, you have to agree to let our screen writers completely change your story...... cause you don't have one!"

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.