Originally Posted By: JohnK
Mike, I didn't suggest buying from Amazon in-house(which is much higher priced, as well as being unavailable), but rather from the several third-party sellers there who have it at bargain prices. I note that Import CDs raised the price over a dollar over the past day; possibly they got quite a few orders. It looks like i-Deals(which I've also dealt with)now has the best offer.

As to the Album for the Young disc, Tchaikovsky composed 24 brief(average about a minute)pieces for young pianists. The twist on the disc that probably is the one suggested to you is that after the 24 are played by a pianist, they're repeated in arrangements made for string quartet. These brief items aren't really to my taste, although the string arrangements add a bit more interest. I did find samples(not available on Amazon) here on CD Connection, so you can take a listen to see if you're more impressed.

Thanks John.. My default is Amazon, as they ship free. Good to know about the Tchaicovsky disk. I'll pass on it.