When I first started looking to upgrade from my Sony STR-DG820 I almost bought an Onkyo, it seemed to be the go to brand. But the more I researched the more problems they seemed to have than any of the other brands. They always seem to have the most features for the least money , so compromises have to be made and they just don't seem to have the reliability and they tend to run hot and heat kills . Denon had its own troubles with the 3310 and network issues but the 3311 was better so i took a chance and I did have some issue's with the network features. The Yamaha seems to have a better overall build quality and I personally found no significant difference using YPAO or Audyssey Multieq XT
room treatment first then room correction if necessary. If you feel you need Audyssey I am not going to try to change your mind, pretty much all RC software has had improvements since its inception. I like to concentrate on speaker positioning and use of furniture etc to get the room sounding decent,i find little difference with audyssey on or off. This is after all just my personal opinion, and to be honest I haven't owned a ONkyo and I see no reason I ever will with all the great choices out there.

Richard

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry