I will try in front - although the last vestiges of my memory concerning sine waves is that that could put me in a peak or valley compared to being back another foot to 18 inches. Behind does not work as the sectional backs up to the knee wall.

It occurs to me that I have never posted pics of my setup. Partly because it is not a dedicated "Theater" but mostly because I can be lazy at times. I do know that the knee wall with 45 degree slope to the ceiling does seem to be good aoustically.

Further, I need a different TV stand as the location for the center is not quite tall enought. The top part of the speaker is obscured by a metal support for the TV shelf. Last night, I put on some Bonnie Raitt and was flipping back and forth from Direct Mode to PLII mode. I had set the sub back to the Audyssey setting (I bump it from 3 to 6 db for movies) and was listening to the bass. I could not help but marvel at the M60's when playing alone. I called my wife up and had her sit in the sweet spot. She preferred the direct mode with just the 60's. Her comment was the the PLII mode sounded like a "stereo". I too had noticed that the 60's had a nice full, rich sound compared to the VP150. I don't know if that is the driver difference or the cabinet effect of the stand? More likely a combination of the 2 factors.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill