OK.....I am fully set up an running with the new receiver. I read all 194 pages over on the AVS forum. Lots of useful advice - just about everything you need to know is on the first page as the thread originator and an AVS salesman have done an excellent job of gathering the pertinent info, tips, troubleshoot guide in the first several posts. There is a link to an excellent Audyssey set up guide that was also very helpul.

I was skeptical, but I have to give a thumbs up to the Audyssey calibration. The M60-500 has come to life in a way that I had not anticipated. A shout out for the M60's - the system set them to large / full range which I think is a commendation of their design and confirmation that they can reach the lower levels. I did change the setting to Small and put a crossover at 80. I have run Audyssey twice and both times yielded Large on the 60's and both times set the QS8's at small with a cross at 150. I also bumped the 500 up as a personal preference. The GUI on the Denon makes it easy to change the Sub (and Center) volumes when switching from music to movies. So.....I am now in JohnK mode - enjoying the music instead of the equipment!

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill