Originally Posted By: Adrian
Perhaps this would be an interesting blind test for Craig or someone to try out...brand new speakers vs "broken in". As long as they have no updates on the newer speaker, obviously, and they are identical in every way except the hours on them prior to testing.

Speakers would also have to be placed in same position which would require a little extra effort( moving both sets in between)
I believe in break in for the record......I also believe it may or may not be audible in different speakers
Example my 8 year old velodyne subwoofer sounded flat, no punch over the first 2 weeks of use( about 30 hrs of music listening, about 2 hrs a night)
It sounded so bad I was planning on returning it before 30 day trial was up,and then all of sudden I came home from work and put one of the disc I've been listening too through demo and BAM there it is punchy ,tight ,in your chest bass....WOW
Not subtle ,huge difference
So unless a mouse was residing in there from the factory and got fed up with the noise (2 hrs a night ) and while was at work ,deciding he was packin his shit up and movin out (unblocking port maybe?) something drastically changed...........not subtle

denon 991 /M80's /vp150 & 180 /4x QS8's
Velodyne 15"/ Dbox 12"
ps4 benq w1070 -grand view 106" FF