[quote=craigsub]Guys - Here is a pretty interesting article on "break in" or "burn in" in regards to speakers.

http://www.gr-research.com/burnin.htm

There were measureable differences in the driver after "burn in". As have many others, I have heard speakers "break in" over a period of time. BUT ... when I tried a blind test a few years ago, using a matched pair of stereo speakers, one with 100 hours on it, the other fresh out of the box, in a blind test, I could not hear a difference.

So if there was measurable differences in this particular driver( after burn in ) that were not audible.....is it possible in another driver, larger? made of different material or surround ,that it may be audible?
Also would like to mention in most cases ( my experience) I was unable to hear a noticble difference
( no measuring instruments....other than my ears) and also truly believe in your ears( or mind) adjusting to new speakers as well
But that subwoofer was not my ears adjusting.....at least not that drastic ,that fast( hated it up to that point)

Last edited by theskins; 05/08/15 01:46 AM.

denon 991 /M80's /vp150 & 180 /4x QS8's
Velodyne 15"/ Dbox 12"
ps4 benq w1070 -grand view 106" FF