Fred, I do all the layout and cutting of the veneer on my kitchen table. I am single so I can do what I want LOL , honestly it needs to be redone anyway. My first try was home built center channel similar to a VP180 and I used self adhering veneer which works great the sad part was they sent me quarter sawn instead of flat cut and I didn't notice until I was all done. The second experience was my home built 3Ways on the first page and that went much better. The hard part is cutting out the circles for the speakers. The VP100 is my third try and is a prep to doing my M80's so I can get thing straight in my head and try and perfect my technique. I did not look close enough at the veneer and missed a couple of dings that stand out but its ok since veneer is imperfect since it is wood after all. For some reason I make my mistakes on the top or the front but the back and sides always turn out perfect, go figure. One other thing, after I stain the wood which has to be done outdoors I seal the speaker with varathane and then I spray multiple coats of automotive clear coat. The clear is tough as nails and gives that piano finish with little effort and can be buffed up with a wool pad and light sanding with 4000 grit paper. I am not sure if I will ever achieve the perfection I think I should be capable of so for now I practice acceptance.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry