Originally Posted By chesseroo
My sample size is rather small though and where i live, people are outright skinflint bargain hunting yard sale shoppers so there is a huge bias towards "the best deal" which more often than not is pretty junky or a damaged purchase.

I live in quite an affluent neighbourhood where I'd guess that more than half the people on my street fit into that top 10% earners. I joke that I am the pauper on the street. Yet I shake my head at the lack of understanding they have. One neighbour spent $6K on a large screen TV but didn't buy any corresponding audio sound setup to go with it. I guess it comes down to what some people value over others.

I also think it is far easier to buy and hang a new TV onto a wall and you get the instant gratification of how it looks when they pull it out of the box. Audio is a much more difficult item to setup. There are multiple pieces to put together, and need wires to connect speakers that don't pass many in the WAF. Where to you put the speakers, size and aesthetics. Looks good and sounds good tend to be totally different things.

Last edited by oakvillematt; 10/18/15 01:58 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5