I've been having friends and neighbors drop by to hear the system. Most have commented that it's the best they've heard. They also ask about the Axiom M80s...

For movies, I'm using the Axiom 100 center which works well with the M80s for the front. The rears & sides are a combination of Infinity & Klipsch products (whatever I could find at yard sales...). But the thing that most comment the most about for movies is the picture. My Epson 1050e projector (calibrated with Spears & Muncil disc) shows the value of a high-contrast screen! Most have commented that the video is "as good as or better than the local iMax." I'll take that as high praise.

Right now, I'm using a Yamaha RX-A3050 receiver. For movies, it's awesome, but for 2.2 stereo, the analog rig works better. My buddy keeps trying to persuade me to return to an analog front end, but I'm addicted to the convenience of streaming (JRiver via DNLA & Tidal via the Oppo app).

So now to the big question... Christmas is coming. Since I already run dual subwoofers below 60 Hz., is there any potential benefit to going from my M80s to a pair of M100s?

Obviously, the M100s will have more ultimate volume capability, but I don't play loudly anyway & am questioning whether there's any "better" to be had. My audio BFF says that the M80s, for my room & my use, are already "ultimates."

Your opinions?

Thanks - Boomzilla

My opinion is worth exactly what you're paying for it!