I'd like to go subless. My current M80s (no high-powered woofers) don't have enough output for my room (close, but no cigar). I'm thinking of trading them in for M100s. With three rather than two woofers, and with the long-throw, high-power ones, should I be able to energize the room adequately with the larger speakers?

Things to keep in mind -

I don't want 20 Hz. I'm perfectly happy with an honest 30. My wife doesn't like (at all) having her diaphragm doing the watusi along with the organ pedals, so I'm not into deep extension.

I don't play loudly. My loudest listening level is in the low 90 dB range. And that's on a rowdy day.

My room isn't huge - 15 x 26 feet.

I'm currently using a pair of PowerSound Audio XV-15s. They add significantly to the sound, but I'm thinking that it isn't bass volume, but rather bass cone-area that makes them "authoritative" in the room. The naked M80s sound smooth and well balanced, but they don't do bass imaging like the M80s with the subs.

Before you say the obvious, yes, I know that bass isn't audibly directional. But the mid-bass clues from the M80s "steer" the mind into thinking that the bass is left or right channel rather than monophonic. I know this to be true because the placement of my subs seems to matter little. I get just as good a bass energization of the room whether the subs are placed separately or stacked in the corner. Either way, it sounds like stereo bass.

So what's the consensus - Will M100s benefit me or am I wasting money needlessly?

Thanks - Boomzilla (moniker NOT indicative of listening preference)

My opinion is worth exactly what you're paying for it!