I can see Matt's point, to a point. How many speakers do we really need? Hell, I thought the stereo hooked up to a 4 head VCR and a 20" TV was amazing.
But right now I'm watching Ender's Game in 1080p on a screen almost as wide as the room, with 7.1 courtesy of Axiom and SVS. It can get better than this? Bring it on.
What I hear about Atmos is pretty much what Nick says. Some people aren't impressed. More are. Some say it's the biggest advance since surround. I think I'll find out.

Getting off topic here... My gallery is out of date. Delete the TV and add a Sony VPL HW40ES projector and a 108" fixed screen. I still need room treatment... but I'm not in a rush, it sounds pretty fine. I hope this works: Gallery entry

Back on topic. The new Pioneer receivers have a new version of MCACC - at least a lot newer than my 2008 version. By all reports it's significantly better than the earlier, and I already liked that as much as Audyssey. Class D amps; I know there are different opinions, and different implementations, but (ahem) Axiom uses them...

Last edited by Stilljoe; 01/28/16 04:39 AM. Reason: url tags fixed