So I am really getting close to jumping to Anthem for my next receiver. I can get a killer deal (I tipped off JBG from here about the deal, and he is getting his on Wednesday) through an authorized reseller that is also an installer... More specifically, he runs an "Authorized Installer" company that is listed right on the Anthem web site (and is from Canada too).

Anyway, he is offering some Anthem receivers at a good discount if you are a part of a particular Facebook group, or referred to by someone in the Facebook group (which is why I referred JBG). The discount is pretty much what he charges people that he does installation services for.

So Anthem has a promotion right now where if you buy an Anthem MRX 720, 1120, or AVM 60 and you get either a Paradigm PW AMP or PW 800 (Paradigm's version of the AxiomAir).

So I ask this "authorized reseller" about that deal. Even though the requirements on Anthem's website only state that you have to buy from someone that they recognize as an authorized reseller (or installer) then you get your choice... Valid in both the U.S. and Canada. Sounds good, right? Nope... He said that he just was alerted to the Anthem offer 2 days ago, but Anthem says that the reseller MUST sell the product at "full retail price" as they are cutting profits from the resellers to cover about 50% of the cost of the "free" stuff.

So even meeting the only guidelines right on their website does not mean that it actually applies to every purchase.

Now, while I thought that the PW 800 would be awesome (comes with ARC room correction too) as I could give it to my daughter for her wedding since they have wanted something like that for a wedding gift, but I would rather take my $1300 discount instead.

Not sure what my point is with this. Just that even when a manufacturer makes a statement of an offer, and if you actually go with an authorized reseller, it doesn't mean that it applied to you.

Farewell - June 4, 2020