Originally Posted By nickbuol
Yeah, you can be upset with Onkyo for having bad solder connections, but you really can't be upset because you made a purchase from someplace that wasn't an authorized reseller... I don't know of any A/V company that would honor that warranty.

Then again, I might be reading too much into your message.

With that (defending of Onkyo) said, I will probably be going with another brand as well next time around.

I have yet to figure out that stance. Onkyo made a receiver that had defective workmanship. It's not that the product broke due to mishandling or abuse. Also it's not as if the AV was a blackmarket fake. Why should Onkyo not be held responsible to repair the unit? To say it was purchased from a grey market supplier, is bunk as Onkyo sold the unit to someone and made a profit (but perhaps not as much as they would have liked). How the end user got the unit should not limit them to the expectation of the unit being built correctly.

It is like the Grey Market for a camera. I have a Canon camera that is manufactured in Japan. I bought my camera in the USA as at the time the CAD was worth more than the USD but the camera was selling for less in the USA. The warranty offered in both counties are identical as are the cameras, but Canon Canada wants a higher markup as they feel service in Canada cost more. It's nothing more than greed. The grey market definition is utter BS!

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5