The stand? Its a console table where I keep my whiskey. smile I bought it from someone on Craigslist and had matching coffee table for a good price.

Yes, this will be 5.1 only since its an open room layout (for now). Wife wants to keep it modern and minimalist. The 3.1 sounds so good and people think I have surrounds already. ha ha Since this is more of living room theater I'm keep it minimalist til we move to a bigger house in few years and will do full dedicated HT room. I'm thinking with the rears on the rear wall at 60 inches off the floor is high enough without being too high From the sweet spot the surrounds will be 3 feet apart from my ears and only 18 inches higher than top of my head. While I could possibly do 7.1 I would need stands to put surrounds on the sides and then slide the stands to behind couch when not in use. I think it will sound better than my 3.1 and hear some surround sound at least. And will also be getting room treatments for the rear wall and side wall for first reflection points. While I am 2 feet away from the wall I think 7.1 may not work unless I move the couch another foot or two from the wall, thats why I was thinking to stick with 5.1? Just waiting on my full metal brackets to arrive so I can mount them. Also my speaker will should be here tomorrow that I ordered from Amazon. One question...I want the rears spread out at the very ends of the rear wall correct?

Axiom M60s, VP150, QS8s, EP500 -- Rotel 1075 & 1068 -- Panasonic BDT500 -- Panasonic 60S60