I've got the 3802 and am completely happy with it. I researched a LOT of receivers before making my decision. Also, my previous receiver was the Denon 1702 which I was quite happy with as well (but I wanted more!). The only reason I didn't consider the Marantz is because of the build quality complaints I kept reading about (I was looking at the 7200 at the time). I believe they are also made in China...if that has anything to do with it (?). I believe the H/K was out of my price range. It's a really cool looking reciever though! Altough I've never listened to HK, I've heard that they are neutral sounding much like the Denon (although some people complain about Denon for this reason...not being "musical" enough). Not to make things more confusing, but have you thought about the Onkyo 797? This is one that I wish I could have had the chance to listen to, but it was not yet available at any of the local shops here. Plus, a new sales guy was eager to make a sale and I talked him into internet prices on the Denon! I couldn't resist such a great deal...and again, I'm pleased with my decision.

Mary
(BTW, any other females here that read this board?)

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Marantz SR6003
Samsung LN52B550
Oppo DV-980H
Insignia NS-WBRDVD