Chess,
In my 2 channel system, I have the Odyssey Audio Stratos (150/ch) amp. You won't be able to find them in stores (only from Odyssey web site). This is a wonderful amp, IMHO. Like Axiom, there is a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Also like Axiom, the customer service is second to none. These amps are very clean and neutral sounding and built like a brick S*#thouse with a 20 year warranty. A fantastic value. It may be worth adding to your amp list. I haven't heard any of the amps that you mentioned but I'll bet that the Stratos will hold it's own (or perhaps even surpass) against any of them for a lot less money. I'm driving power hungry 4 ohm Magnepans with it and it never gets more than mildly warm to the touch. It also makes my Axiom M22s sing so sweetly. This amp does not sound tube like nor does it have any SS glare. Just a very smooth and free flowing and uncolored presentation. I beleive that they are selling for US $1071.00. I got mine with the 120 cap. upgrade - don't know if it make a difference over the stock amp because I've never had a stock amp to compare to. Checkum' out at audioreview.com. BTW, I'm useing an Anthem pre that I am very happy with.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.