Denon seems to be getting a lot of press here, but it's hard to beat good gear with an affordable price.. Yes, I too own the 3802.. No complaints.. Got it off 6thAVE.com when they were going for $700..
Is your theater system 5.1, 6.1 ? If 5.1, take a look at the Outlaw 1050.. Lot of stuff going on there for on $500.. I am the classic 'buyers remorse' type, and have wondered from time time if I should have gone 5 point oh? Two less surrounds, couple hun less for the AVR.. But, I soon forget all about that, when the house is rockin' with some slam bam action flick !! (Even when you forget to turn the subs back on! More on that later, over in the Home Theater forum)
This receiver was a step up from me from a Kenwood Pro Logic unit..
Yes, easy to set up, no big deal there.. FYI: The onscreen set up display for the Denon runs thru the S-vidio and/or composite, not the componet out..
I believe I 'will' be looking at a dual mono block setup for the M80 mains, for stereo music application.. I know there are more sounds inside those beauties, just waiting for me to find, and I've always wanted to get into tube amps..

LFE ! The rest is just details..