Its interesting that i find your description of the Silver series very similar to that of the M60s, which is what i own (although i did audition the M22s as well).
The only exception is the bass part and maybe the wider soundstage. Never have i heard the M60s bass get out of control (it has always remained pretty tight) but certainly i found setting up the Axiom sweet spot a bit picky.
I was curious though about how similar these two speaker brands might sound since my brain has this impression that their components (metal tweeters, driver sizes) are really similar. From what i've read about Monitor Audio in reviews, they certainly come out very similar to Axioms (relatively tight bass, crisp highs, tight smooth mids, etc.). However the Axioms have always been also listed as notably bright whereas the Monitors have never had such a reputation or description, not that i've read.

I would love to hear some PMC (OB1 or IB2 series) as well as some higher end Tannoys (maybe Definition series). I have a feeling that Monitor Audio will produce too similar an Axiom sound and my wife is more enjoying the sound of my new Tannoy bookshelves for music. I really think the metal tweeters are great for maintaining linearity and clarity across the upper frequencies but i think her ears more prefer a slightly rolled off sound from fabric or soft dome tweeters.
Since the second system i'm building (next couple of years) will be for music only and most likely a 2 channel, possibly 4 channel setup at most, i would like to find something that is completely appealing to her ears since she listens to music more often than i do.
The Axioms will then get moved to the home theatre room (new house) and be pulling full time duty in that respect.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."