Originally Posted By exlabdriver
TDI:

It seems that you have M22OWs mounted already in a restricted space & you are using an EP175 for the low end.

A couple of EP500s are exponentially more capable than what you have now & will easily take care of all of the midrange & low bass that you desire. You would be hard pressed to find any sonic deficiencies in this setup.

It seems that most towers in HTs are used with one or more subs & are often crossed over at 80 Hz or so. This largely strangles most of their low end capability - so what is the point? My M22V4s blend with & compliment my EP800s perfectly & can effortlessly play far louder than is safe or that I can stand.

If subs aren't used then towers make perfect sense...

TAM

My thinking as well, as much as I like bigger, I think the M80OW would be overkill for what I use this system for, HT. Upgrading the center channel though, that's a real consideration.

I know the ideal situation for me would be dual EP500's and $3k isn't the end of the world but it does compete with other priorities (3 kids with expensive hobbies!). I may have to start slow and get 1 EP500 and pair it with the EP175 to start. Eventually my oldest will move out and I have a lot of spare gear I'll be happy to part with... including the EP175 smile