Weeks now into the Gut busting 800; it's funny but either I am getting used to it or the thing is truly breaking in..... I can play it with the switch in the 'up' position; +6db boost 50-100 hz and it's not over powering as it did initially. It's just very smooth and meshes so well with the EP500.

Two EP500's in this massive room would do well too for the record, especially with switches. But it's fun to only have to deal with one switch on the 800 and leave the 500 alone to do it's thing. I am running the gain at about 12 o'clock on the 800 and perhaps 1 o'clock on the 500 and an average boost on the preamp of up to +2 db. This is with the A51 running 400 watts bi-amped into the Model T's. When I tested the Parasound Class D amp last week at 600 watts single feed into the T's I had to cut back the gain on the subs, there was so much low end coming out of the T's it was just over powering the room.

I might pick up a pair of Anthem M1 mono blocks which would be 2000 watts per channel into the T's, YIkes! I was told the low to mid range out of those amps is very powerful. It's that or the Bryston 14 B or 7 B monos. Most likely a used set up of SST2, either runs 900 watts per channel. But I am intrigued with the ultra slim M1's with liquid cooling.